Ingredients:1 Large onion diced
1 Large eggplant diced
1 Capsicum diced
1kg Lamb kavurma pieces. Diced lamb shoulder will also work, the smaller pieces just cook faster.
1 Carrot diced
10 button mushrooms cut into 4 quarters
Half a teaspoon of Paprika
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 Tin of diced tomatoes
1 teaspoon of capsicum or tomato paste
- In a frying pan cook the onion and eggplant until they are cooked through and golden in colour.
- While they are cooking, add the lamb pieces (kavurma) to a pot and simmer on a medium heat until the water has reduced and the lamb is cooked through.
- Add the cooked onion and eggplant into the pot with the lamb.
- In the now empty fry pan add the capsicum, carrot, and mushroom to the frying pan and cook slightly. (Do not overcook these veggies as they will be cooked further with the lamb)
- Once cooked add it to the pot with the lamb, onion, and eggplant. To this pot add a tin of crushed tomato, 1 spoon of capsicum paste, salt, pepper, and the paprika.
- Allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Then finally dress with the chopped parsley and serve with rice.