1 whole cauliflower
2 tablespoons ghee or butter
1 clove garlic
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon coriander seeds
1 brown onion
2 cups chicken broth (can use vegetable stock if desired)
3 cups of boiled water
½ cup cream (can substitute with milk too)
Salt to taste
- Turn fan forced oven on to 200*C
- Cut up cauliflower into florets, rinse and place in a bowl.
- Combine olive oil, turmeric, coriander and pour over cauliflower. Toss until all combined.
- Place cauliflower onto a baking tray lined with baking paper an place in the oven for 20mins or until golden.
- Meanwhile, in a pot add the diced onion and grated garlic with a bit of ghee or butter and cook on high heat for 3-5 minutes constantly stirring until the onions soften.
- Take the cauliflower out of the oven and place ¾ of the cauliflower into the pot. Leaving ¼ of the cauliflower to use as a garnish for later.
- Add chicken stock and water and bring to boil. Boil for 15 minutes then take off the heat and use an electric hand blender to puree the mixture.
- Turn stove back on low and Stir through cream and salt. Cook further 1-2 minutes then your soup is ready to serve.