3 Large zuchinnis
1 brown onion
1-2 cloves of garlic
3 Large carrots
1/4 cup bbq sauce- Organic
4 tablespoons chopped parsley
1 Pack of puff pastry.
1 cup breadcrumbs (I dry out healthybake spelt bread in the oven and crush them into crumbs)
800grms chicken mince
salt and pepper
sesame and black seeds.
- In a large bowl grate the carrots, zucchini, garlic and onion.
- Add 1 egg, the bbq sauce, parsley, minced chicken and breadcrumbs to the bowl and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In a seperate bowl beat the single egg.
- Cut your sheet of Puff pastry in half
- Place mixture in a piping bag and pipe down the centre of the puff pastry sheet in a log form.
- Roll up the pastry and brush with the beaten egg.
- Sprinkle with the seeds and bake at 180 degrees until browned.
These are the ultimate freezer to oven lunch. I always keep a batch in the freezer for those busy days. And they also make a great party food as they can be enjoyed at room temp. If you have leftover mince mixture, dip it in some beaten egg wash, then roll it in almond meal for healthy nuggets.